INCA TRAIL 2 DAY / 1 NIGTH
The Short Inca trail to Machu Picchu is the most important two day hike that takes you into Machu Picchu. Despite the shorter trek time you will nonetheless experience all of the main highlights of the real 2 day Inca Trail Peru.
- Duration: 2 days and 1 night.
- Season: From January to December except February for maintenance.
- Departure: Daily.
- Return: Back Packer Train.
- Important: VERY IMPORTANT book early time for your entry. The Classic Inca Trail permits are limited to just 500 persons per day, and this includes all the staff such (tour guides, porters, and cooks). recommend you book now.
Pick up from the hotel at 05:30 am., transfer to train station of Ollantaytambo. We will take the train until km 104 of the railway line Cusco – Machu Picchu, point of beginning the trek, where we will arrive on 10.00am.
We will visit the archaeological complex of Chachabamba (2150 masl), located next to the control post and will initiate a long walk of the ascent of 8 km during 4h, towards the archaeological complex of Wiñay Wayna (2700 masl), that is an impressive archaeological set composed of an agricultural sector with numerous platforms, a religious sector, and an urban sector.
In the way, we will have magnificent views of the valley of the Urubamba River and the archaeological complex of Choquesuysuy, located in the left margin of the river, like also of a beautiful water cascade located to few minutes of Wiñay Wayna. Later, we will continue towards the Inti Punku or Puerta del Sol, after approximately 1 hour of a long walk on the brink of madness precipices in a landscape of forest eyebrow we will see for the first time the sacred city of Machu Picchu (2450 m.a.s.l.). We will descend in approximately 40 minutes, arriving by the superior part to the “House of the Guardians.” Then we will get the bus to Aguas Calientes (25 minutes).
We will leave our hotel towards Machu Picchu after breakfast at about 5:30 am by bus. We are leaving that early because at this time the setting is less crowded, we take advantage of the tranquility of this sacred site; Guided Tour of Machupicchu. This enigmatic city is explored for Approx. 3 hrs and their mysteries and archaeological information will be explained by your TOUR guide; you have approx. 6 hrs. extra free time but depends on train time.
The train departs from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo in the afternoon, then 2-hour transport to Cusco arriving between 8- 9:00 pm. approx.)
- Courtesy transfer from the airport to your hotel in Cusco (Please provide us your flight information)
- Bilingual and professional tour guide
- Pre-departure Inca Trail briefing, presented by your tour guides at our downtown Cusco office
- Expedition train tickets from Ollantaytambo to the Km. 104
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Two-hour guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel in Cusco
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1B, 1L, 1D).
- Vegetarian food available upon request for no extra charge
- Accommodations in Aguas Calientes the first night
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- First aid equipment
- Airfare and hotel advice upon request as well as booking
- Breakfast on the first morning.
- Last lunch
- Personal equipment
- Original Passport
- A small backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mattress (we will provide you with this)
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
- Strong, comfortable footwear